The Limb Lengthening Wiki
A worldwide database containing everything you need to know about limb lengthening
Find the most reputable and experienced orthopaedic surgeons in the world
Learn about Equinos Contractures, Non-union, Preconsolidation, Infections and More
Devices and Procedures
Learn about Precice, Classic Ilizilarov, G-Nail, LATN, LON, Betz Bone, and more
The Makemetaller (MMT) Community is a limb lengthening community that has been an indispensable resource in helping countless people get the information needed for a successful limb lengthening outcome. The structure of the Limb Lengthening Wiki is based on Makemetaller's (MMT) patient-led format. In addition, much of the information written on the Limb Lengthening Wiki comes from the discussions, personal accounts, and diaries of members of the the Makemetaller (MMT) Community.
The Limb Lengthening Forum is another limb lengthening community where patients go to discuss the various topics surrounding limb lengthegning surgery. The forum has been growing quickly and has insights on some surgeons not covered in other forums. The forum is also patient-led with a format similar to the MMT Community. Although there can be an overlap in information, each forum brings a unique view from patients who have received the surgery.
Read the disclaimer and abide by the guidelines when using the Limb Lengthening Wiki
- Rule #1 - Do NOT post pictures of patients (or mockups) without their explicit permission.
- Rule #2 - Protect the anonymity of community members. Blur all faces or recognizable features with any picture posted (Read Rule #1), and do NOT disclose any personal information about anyone in the LL community ever
- Rule #3 - Ensure that the information you write is factual and accurate.
- Rule #4 - Cite any and all sources.
- Rule #5 - Do not instigate drama or arguments and respect all members.
- Rule #6 - Remain on topic and post information in the correct sections
- Rule #7 -You probably aren't a doctor, so do not recommend medical treatment or give medical advice (Read Rule #8).
- Rule #8 - Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the site! (Note: This Wiki is for informational purposes only and is NOT intending to endorse or recommend any particular surgeon, medical treatment or product.)
We need help to grow, and you are the one that can make that happen. Please contribute your knowledge, questions, comments, research and or anything regarding limb lengthening information.The goal is to make The Limb Lengthening Wiki as resourceful and accurate as possible in order to give past, present, and future patients the best information possible.
If you want to add info just edit a page directly or Click here to add something to the Suggestion Box
If you want to learn more about how to add and edit information on The Limb Lengthening Wiki check out the link below